In an environment of intense international competition, constant cost pressure, Smart Factory applications, and technological change we find the right answers and pragmatic solutions to your needs, and we help you get it done.
Better As your partner we enable you to “Do what you do better”, or “Do something new and better” – pro-active and results oriented. At the heart of our service we combine the essential aspects of successful improvement - bringing people and process change together through our consulting, training and coaching expertise.
We focus on improvement and re-design across the operational value chain – its processes, people and organization. Production, logistics, engineering or order management, we upgrade the status quo, or facilitate the new, by developing and designing new business models and strategies – according to our client’s specific needs. For example:
“Do what you do better”:
- How can efficiency at shop-floor level be increased? What solutions and methodologies are available?
- What opportunities are available to decrease lead times for order fulfilment?
- How can profitability in production be increased after integrating new products or facilities?
“Do something new and better”:
- What does the future sales and manufacturing footprint look like? What adaptations become necessary to stay competitive in the future?
- What strategies must be followed to stay competitive in the long run? What are the future key success factors? What does Smart Factory / Industry 4.0 mean for me?
- How can a new strategy successfully be implemented quickly in production and logistics?
Although we are “hard” measurements and results driven, we put people first. Because above all else, it is people who ensure that your business processes continue to deliver excellence to your customers.
Change International competition creates the need for constant productivity improvements, and customers and markets demand the highest quality. Conditions in the markets have become volatile. The life cycle of many products are short, social-political changes appear disrupting stable markets, new competitors appear overnight, and the delivery of raw material and resources are uncertain.
Continuous development, improvement and adaptation by either “doing what you do better” or “doing something new and better” are prerequisites to stay ahead of competition. Businesses need to activate all the intelligence and energy in the company by initiating performance and improvement initiatives at all levels in the organization. This can mean introducing shop-floor management in production or logistics, or focusing on customer service style and people behavior, or by re-thinking the whole value chain and manufacturing – the supply footprint.
Diagnosis Using our diagnostic expertise and experience, we discover and assess the process and workplace behavior root causes that hinder the organization from achieving excellent performance to customers. We highlight hard and soft factors as well as the internal and external influences on the organization. In this way we create a pragmatic and balanced plan for change.
By analyzing processes and interfaces, working habits and methods, collaboration between team members and hierarchies, we quickly draw an overall picture to get a clear understanding about what root causes are blocking improvement. To complete the overall plan we align the opportunities against the current competitive position to develop a tight, prioritized focus.
Based on the results of the diagnosis and by clearly quantifying future possibilities and requirements, a future state is defined as the basis for pragmatic improvement solutions. Thus, the perspective is shifted from past-practices to results-orientated change. We establish metrics which will drive and track sustainable improvements that in turn will be mirrored in your financial results.
Implementation We provide sound advice based on decades of experience. We agree and then implement tailor-made approaches and solutions that guide management through a process of change where they can take full responsibility for improving the business.
Our approach takes into account the size and complexity of the organization, the existing business model, workplace behaviours, and culture.
For large and complex enterprises we apply maturity models to create a bespoke plan that clearly lays out:
- The key things to do and focus on next
- Which are the right tools and methods to reach your goals
- How to develop the right behaviours and culture to anchor the changes
For Small and Medium size companies the tools and methods we select meet our customer immediate needs and requirement for simple and fast results. Whether it is the intention to:
- “Do what you do better” by initiating 5S activities, optimizing material flow in production and storage, designing a new lean factory layout, introducing shop-floor management, or to change working or leadership habits
- “Do something new and better” by designing a new production and footprint strategy or by defining new ways of structuring your organization – our tools and methods are solution-oriented and will involve employees and managers.
We implement quickly. Each consultant at Carpe Diem already has decades of implementation experience. This hands-on engagement speeds up implementing the right specific solution and the right change approach for the specific business culture.
We understand our task to introduce, train and implement improvements with those who are responsible for each particular work task, and help them take responsibility for the future of their own part of the business.
Eye-Level We work alongside our clients people. Rather than handing out theory, we work alongside management and employees to implement solutions and get results. Together we develop new approaches and create a team-orientated mindset - employees are encouraged and focused when they work with us.
We understand that our methods and experience alone are not enough, and therefore bind employees and staff in the discovery and solution experience in a way that allows them to see why change is necessary, and how their individual knowledge and experience is an essential part of the solution. The result is ownership of change, and a partnership with Carpe Diem to make improvement sustainable.
Development We strive achieve better ways of working that lead to attitude and behavioural development. Educating and training your people at different levels is also a key component for successful problem solving and overall project success.
There are several aspects to successful people change:
- Training enables individuals and groups to acquire new knowledge that is necessary to support the change process
- Training sensitises and raises awareness for the necessity of process and behavioural change.
- Coaching takes care and accompanies people and groups as change takes place all around them.
- Our coaching expertise balances hard change with help in aligning workplace behavior and attitudes.
We integrate customized training in all our consulting projects, and also offer training separately. Coaching adds the dimensions of supporting, accompanying and challenging our clients, individually or in groups, with the job task at hand. It includes the invitation to reflect upon involvement, attitude and influence. In a secure environment, individuals are invited to reflect upon blind-spots, blinkers, values and belief systems, and to explore whether these can enable, or are hindering, necessary change.